Nowadays, talking about biometry this is more common than we can imagine. It came here to stay, it is present in our daily life; and when we say daily life, we mean our mobile devices. Smartphones with fingerprint readers are very fashionable for the basic functionality of locking and unlocking the cell phone.
Many people talk about biometry, but what is biometry?
What it is?
We are talking about applying mathematical and statistical methods to the study of biological phenomena in people, with the aim of measuring them accurately. In other words, it calculates, analyzes, and recognizes the unique characteristics of each individual. Namely, physiological patterns and behavioral patterns. When we speak of physiological patterns, we refer to DNA, iris, face, fingerprint, palm print. Behavioral patterns include gait recognition, usage habits, how the person interacts with different devices: keyboard, mouse, touch screen.
Its relevance is global in these times, where the digital transformation is advancing rapidly in such critical areas as data security. Traditional forms of authentication/identification with user and password should be replaced; they no longer represent an element of protection. It is imperative that the identification of individuals is made unequivocally in an unambiguous way to ensure or minimize risks of theft of sensitive information; therefore, we use biometry.
Uses of biometrics
Applications are infinite, but the main focus is the unmistakable and unavoidable identification of the human being. Basis of the use of biometrics is that you can identify someone without that person being able to pretend to be someone else. Commonly biometrics is used to:
- Access control to restricted physical spaces.
- Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs)
- Authentication in applications
- Electronic payments
- Accessing personal devices (computer, smart phones)
What are the benefits of biometrics?
- It is safe, based on the principle of recognition of unique patterns in each individual. Whoever accesses a service or a restricted space is duly authorized.
- Easy to use. It is used in a simple way, it is not necessary that the users have great knowledge.
- Agility. People do not have to memorize many passwords and delay doing the authentication. With biometrics the authentication is done in seconds.
- Whant to Check out brands? Click here for some great ones.
Access control activities alarms Artificial Intelligence biometric readers biometry bms c4 certifications deep learning detectors domotic door controllers eTraining Facial recognition fire control fire detection Fire detection and control fire extinguishers identification information technology Infrastructure lock solutions lock system magnetic lock Milestone person identification Power Surge project design psim RFID readers security security advice security projects support technology projects temperature detection training video analytics Video Management video surveillance Videosurveillance Visonic VMS webinar